The fate of FvF

Here you can find all the latest news regarding Future vs Fantasy.
Orl
Administrator

The fate of FvF

Post by Orl »

It has come to my attention that alot of people who play on FvF arent happy with it. Why? They say its because of Gunter. From Quakeone boards...

Originally Posted by ORL
Are you saying that Gunter in general ruined the FvF experience with new stuff? Would you have preferred FvF stayed the same way it was before, just plain shareware FvF with nothing new? Or is it maybe Gunter has gotten out of hand with his power, such as ass raping and all that?

Banks response:

Yes, yes, and yes. The last one doesnt really bother me, but it's become purely a novelty and takes away from gameplay.

Canadian Sniper says:

Gunter has always been an abusive admin. I once spent a whole 6 months of him teleporting me in random locations even when I didn't want that to happen. My opinions change on people and right now I've had enough of servequake and gunter.
----------

I am in shock! Now am I going to have to change fvf into what it was in version 2.09 and strip gunter of his admin powers, so more people will feel safe and enjoy their time at fvf? Cause if thats the case, I WILL do it. Vote on the poll to decide FvF's fate. Remember I am not betraying Gunter in any way if anybody thinks that. I am merely asking the people what is best and what they want when they play FvF. Remember, its the people that count. And I dont want to see FvF die away over something so silly.
foq

Post by foq »

Heres my opinion:
1. Assraping was funny at first but it's gotten boring.
2. Never liked the idea of the chat feture: I have a config made to kill that.
3. I DID like how Gunter fixed the weapons slowing down.
4. Never liked the laser andriods weapons bouncing off monsters.
5. Knight repultion power is cool.
6. I remember when Gunter would blow people up if they were blocking something. That was cool.
7. I miss getting frags from runes :D
8. Would like to say Gunter cares, he doesn't intentionally try to piss us off.
9. THAT is my vote ^^
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

Orl,you freaking traitor! You can't take Gunter off his admins powers! Give the quakeone link and I will show them the truth! You are all a bunch of traitors!

I never waited that from canadian and principaly Bank! And now,from you ORL,I waited a lot of things,but this? Make a vote to take off Gunter admin power? HE MADE FVF!

I will try to contact him imediately!
WastedYouth
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Wasteland Warrior

Post by WastedYouth »

I like it the way it is right now
Bank

Post by Bank »

Change it back. Leave Gunter to his own, we dont need any dehumanizing here.

But let this be a warning.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

fvf.servequake has become nothing more than a shrine for gunter where he is god and we all face punishments. It's tiring now.

The whole ass raping theme got tiring too. That became clear to me when Gunter made that assraping announcement in qradio8

without my post sounding completely negative, I admire gunter for putting a lot of work into the server, monster skins, HUB, etc. These things take a lot of effort.

I'm just not a fan of an abusive admin and therefor I'm sticking to Clan Arena.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Canadian*Sniper wrote:fvf.servequake has become nothing more than a shrine for gunter where he is god and we all face punishments. It's tiring now.
totally agreed.
QuadRaptor
Level 4

Post by QuadRaptor »

I've never noticed any problems with the server or Gunt's powers. As a matter of fact, I STILL laugh when the dog cannon is used.

I go where other players are. I've tried to play RG's Coop and Gunt's FVF by myself, and it's just not as fun without someone else there to frag with you.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Ok, let's see....

Here's the topic over at Quakeone:
http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthre ... ght=gunter

Orl wrote:It has come to my attention that alot of people who play on FvF arent happy with it. Why? They say its because of Gunter. From Quakeone boards...

"alot of people" is apparently two people. Bank and Sniper. Wow, that's a lot.

bank wrote:Gunter HAS taken a lot of the fun out of FvF by ruining the runs we'd had once. It's far too complicated now with funky colours and out-of-place things. (Although FvF in its intirety is out of place)
I'm not sure what he's talking about..... It's too complicated for him apparently. Ohnos! funky colors!! I'm confused!!

Bank is pretty full of himself to begin with, and is probably just still upset with me for knocking him down when he makes fun of Joao's non-perfect English. Hey Bank, it's spelled "entirely" not "intierly." :wink:

Second point: Bank wouldn't even know what FvF was like before I took it over, since he never played FvF when it wasn't my FvF.

Sniper wrote:Gunter has always been an abusive admin. I once spent a whole 6 months of him teleporting me in random locations even when I didn't want that to happen
Uhhhh, NO. For a whole 6 months, eh? Bullcrap.
Unless you were misbehaving for the entire 6 months.

I will explain my admin powers....

The GunterPort - I had to make this to take care of abusive players who would block elevators and the exit and not let other players proceed. Like the elevator at the start of e2m3. Some people would grapple under the lip of it so that it couldn't come down, trapping all the other players in, making them angry because they couldn't play... Sniper was one of those troublemakers.

The dog Cannon was just something experimental I made, and it was basically disabled until more recently in FvF history, when Orl told me he had never seen it, so I re-enabled it for a laugh. It's really not all that effective as a punishment for players, since the dogs aren't that difficult to kill, so the player ends up getting more frags than he loses. It's more of a "comedy" punishment.

In any case, I generally don't go around abusing you with admin powers unless you DESERVE it....
Sniper wrote:fvf.servequake has become nothing more than a shrine for gunter where he is god and we all face punishments. It's tiring now.

The whole ass raping theme got tiring too. That became clear to me when Gunter made that assraping announcement in qradio8
Just a shrine where you all face punishments eh? Oh yeah, I forgot about my other admin power... GunterCookies which I used to restore people's frag count if they get disconnected. Boy, I'm cruel and only want to punish you, eh?

I don't know if Sniper is being completely serious here. OBVIOUSLY the qradio spot was completely done in fun as a total joke.

As for the "shrine" part, yeah, I do have that one texture and made myself a little shrine.... I'm such a megalomaniac. Hey, remember when the server used to always say "Gunter is your lord and master" on the splash screen? Oh yeah, I changed that and now all your names sometimes appear on the splash screen, and mine rarely appears there at all....

orl wrote:Now am I going to have to change fvf into what it was in version 2.09 and strip gunter of his admin powers, so more people will feel safe and enjoy their time at fvf? Cause if thats the case, I WILL do it.
Heh. Just a reminder here, Orl, YOU are not FvF. I am FvF. You host a server. You run my modification of FvF. No, I didn't originally create FvF, but I took it over and made it what it is today. It would be completely dead if I hadn't. It would actually be pretty funny if you tried to run standard FvF 2.09. you don't know how bug-ridden and crashy it was.....

And I would just move FvF over to Aalchemy's server, along with the DNS fvf.servequake.com

Remember you've got TWO people here making complaints. Two people that haven't even been playing FvF. And it can't be because I'm abusing my admin powers on them there, since I haven't been playing it either; I was working on the Hub and have been occupied with other things lately.

Am I being a power hungry "god?" I only demand that I have full control over MY FvF mod. I do things that are best for the server, which means what's best for the majority of players on the server. If you want to yield to the complaints of two people and radically change your server, you're free to do that. I'll take my ball and go to a different park.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Gunter wrote:Remember you've got TWO people here making complaints. Two people that haven't even been playing FvF.
I played FvF when I got back into quake around 5 years ago. I think that's enough to say I've been playing FvF. I was there well before BlueDragon quit quake.

I stand by my points. And Gunter, it's not just Bank and I that are displeased. Anyways it's your server, do what you want and I wish you all the best. I just see no reason to play at fvf.servequake anymore.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
Gunter wrote:Remember you've got TWO people here making complaints. Two people that haven't even been playing FvF.
I played FvF when I got back into quake around 5 years ago. I think that's enough to say I've been playing FvF. I was there well before BlueDragon quit quake.
I'm talking about not playing recently, like within the last couple months. Not 5 years ago.

sniper wrote:I stand by my points. And Gunter, it's not just Bank and I that are displeased.
List of names? Because I only see just you two.

Maybe you mean RocketGuy, but he's always been displeased. That's nothing new.

Anyways it's your server, do what you want and I wish you all the best. I just see no reason to play at fvf.servequake anymore.
Ah, I guess I can remove your name from the random list then :wink:
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Gunter wrote: Maybe you mean RocketGuy, but he's always been displeased. That's nothing new.
oh shut up 8)
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

It seems whatever I do, is always wrong. So I'm not going to do anything.

Maybe we all just needed a break from FvF for awhile. I'm sure in time, we'll all get back into it.

Post by Guest »

yea it seems the popularity of fvf goes up and down like an unstable business stock :P We all need time to heal from our butthole wounds.
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

I told you Gunter! I told you! ORL is a traitor,he showed that to you right below your nose! Suck it,bunch of traitors. SUCK IT!!!

And the quakeone link for the stupid coments of some people: http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthre ... #post13734