Stupid spam bots

Is there something that doesn't work right? Do you need help with something? Post about it here.
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Stupid spam bots

Post by Joao Lucas »

How are they getting past the Image thing, where you have to type the numbers exactely on how they're shown?
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

And why are they only posting in Off-Topic? (aren't they?)

Or are they doing it manually?
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Thats a good statement. I still think the admin must block guests, and fuck Gunter if he doesn't want to register.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Even if we do block guests, these bots are still somehow managing to register and post that way. Although I will say the majority of the spam comes from guests.

At least its not as bad as it was before when we didn't have any spam protection...

I'd wake up each morning, log on, and see shambler shit loads of spam, just laughing and staring at me in the face. I would literally take a half hour to delete it all...
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

blocking guests isn't the issue. These bots have their own way of getting through the phpbb code (phpbb isn't secure) and being able to post. You could block people from registering and they'll still get in.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Canadian*Sniper wrote:blocking guests isn't the issue. These bots have their own way of getting through the phpbb code (phpbb isn't secure) and being able to post. You could block people from registering and they'll still get in.
So, what should we do!?!?
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

delete spam :roll:

I guess you could also try renaming forum variables and recompile the damn thing but expect Gunty to find another forum if this one dies :lol:
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

We could try the alterations to the yes/no mod I posted here:

http://www.divstudios.po.gs/fvf/forum/v ... ?p=922#922

It might confuse a few of the spambots and stop them....