Error message - "Hunk Alocc: 144 bytes"

Is there something that doesn't work right? Do you need help with something? Post about it here.
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Error message - "Hunk Alocc: 144 bytes"

Post by Joao Lucas »

Everytime I am playing runequake,when I finish a level and go to the entrance way(the place to choose the map you're going to play at),the game crashes(glquake client)and says: ''Hunk Alocc: 144 bytes'' .

What the fucking hell is that? It's annoying! :evil:
Last edited by Joao Lucas on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Some maps require a lot of memory to run. Your client needs more memory. Add this to your command line:

-heapsize 66536

That should be a high enough value. if not, make it higher.
This will make the problem go away, the only downside is quake takes a bit longer to load (like, 1-5 seconds) when starting it up.
foq
Level 4

Post by foq »

What about cache mismatches? Those are ghey!!
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Cache mismatches are caused when glquake loads a texture on one map, then on another map it loads a texture that has the same texture name but at a different size. This is because glquake doesnt flush textures on map change. With normal glquake and glpro, there is no way to eliminate this problem from what i know, without hacking into the engine. Use winquake or wqpro. Or you can use them other fake quake engines like qrack, darkplaces, joequake and so fourth. I do know of a glquake engine that doesnt have the cache mismatch problem.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Ah well,thanks ORL. Gunter told me to put ''-heapsize 32000'' before you posted that. Wow,and that works! 8)