Needing Help with running Quake v3.50

Is there something that doesn't work right? Do you need help with something? Post about it here.
Orl
Administrator

Re: Needing Help with running Quake v3.50

Post by Orl »

I still stand by my principles that links pointing to a site where you can download the registered version of Quake 1 is wrong, regardless of whether its an 11 year old game or not. I don't promote it. I don't even care that you post a link that lets you illegally download something entirely different, just leave Quake alone. But if you really want to find a place to download Quake for free, just Google it.

In the future, any links pointing to a site that allows you to download Quake for free I will just remove. No questions asked, and no exceptions. If that makes me a forum Nazi, then so be it.

And my apologies to Sean for this thread getting sidetracked off its original topic, and would appreciate it if it got on topic again.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Ya know, there are only like 50 people in the world that actually play Quake 1 anymore.... If posting the link gets us 51, that's a good thing.

Hey, Orl, are you using any illegal Quake Map editors? I mean, did you PAY for them, like you're supposed to? Who cares if they are 10 years old.... they still aren't free!
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Gunter wrote:Ya know, there are only like 50 people in the world that actually play Quake 1 anymore.... If posting the link gets us 51, that's a good thing.
Heh, you sound kind of like Baker when you said that. You know what I'm talking about.
Gunter wrote:Hey, Orl, are you using any illegal Quake Map editors? I mean, did you PAY for them, like you're supposed to? Who cares if they are 10 years old.... they still aren't free!
I use Worldcraft 1.6a, and yes it is 100% free. Was your plastic fork editor free as well?
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

I doubt someone pays for Quake in the year of 2007... such amazing games out, noone would give a shit about paying for a 11 years old game. If people has the option to download it, they could play Quake when they have nothing to do or such...

edit: I went to ID's website, and theyre selling Quake 1 for U$20,00. However, right above the Quake 1 ad, there is the Quake 4 ad, which you can buy for U$25,00. It's much more worth to buy Quake 4, I guess...
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

I think they also have a package deal (discount), Joao, for all quakes. Or they did.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Gunter needs to wake up and realize that he's living in a world with rules set by the government. I guess if I was a 30 year old living in my mom's basement jobless, I'd be as blind as he is. I recall seeing a similar case where gunter was trying to ditch the whole open source ordeal from whatshisname (tank?). I bet it would only take one officer of the law to make Gunter cry :D

Linking to illegal material can hold this forum liable for supporting illegal content. This forum can either be legitimate or ghetto. It's your choice.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Once again the Canadian opens his turtle-licking mouth without having a clue what he's talking about.

Educate yourself before trying again.

http://technology.findlaw.com/articles/ ... 10966.html

And I don't even know what he's talking about with Tank.... He must have been licking toads too.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

I do educate myself with school. I pay for school via jobs so I'm either working and educating myself. I've taken computer law so I know what I'm talking about. An article which I'm not even going to read because it's written by some nobody isn't going to change that. I know the law changes rapidly but my sources come from a year ago and I'm sure it hasn't changed just yet.

Get a job, get out of your parent's house because I'm sure she's tired of you living with her, find a partner, and get a life. ORL's point still stands. You're not linking to an illegal quake website through this forum.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

So you willfully allow yourself to be ignorant by relying on information from over a year ago, rather than seeking recent relevant information?

Some people can "educate" themselves all they want, but they will always be stupid.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Then point out the key part of the article you want read because I'm not reading all of it just to see if you are right. And everyone is ignorant on the internet in case you haven't noticed yet.