MooD Marine upgrade

Anything FvF related.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

MooD Marine upgrade

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Give the damn marine his chainsaw!!! :evil: How about his fists are replaced with the chainsaw when he has collected all of the weapons. Sort of like the warrior and sniper class.

It's not doom without the chainsaw :(

ps - disable the MooD Marine's jumping ability while you're at it :P
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Seconded :D
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

Balance, people. Balance.

Gunter will never upset the balance of the fvf.
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

HAHAHAHA!
Fvf and balance is like hell and heaven.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

There's no balance in fvf. The sniper class sucks shit compared with the other classes. And the fighter class is only good because quake is played in claustrophobic levels. Imagine a Quake Soldier fighting a fighter in q1edge? That's rape.

I think the cheapest fvf class is the Monk. Fucker can heal himself and shoot 3 rockets every second or less. Plus he can fly.

This is why people prefer coop in fvf :P
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

They tried to "balance" it. I don't disagree with you.

How about a dm mode where everyone is the same class. Wouldn't that be fuuuuuuuuuun. (no)

Anyhow, I don't dm in vanilla quake or runes or anything else anymore, if I can help it.

I think the chainsaw would be cool. It could be done as a coop only weapon. Or maybe as a pickup item in dm. Something. ANYTHING. But it has to make gibs fly everywhichway OR FORGET IT.

Anyhow gunter is in control, so...
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Here are my thoughts on the doom marine for fvf. And if you think this makes the doom guy too imbalanced then give him the pistol ;o

Use the random damage used (well kinda used) in doom.
fists - 2-20 (20-200 berzerker)
chainsaw - 2-20
pistol - 5-15
shotgun - 5-15 per pellet (7 pellets in total) (gunter I'd take a look at the blast radius of the shotgun weapons)
super shotgun - 5-15 per pellet (20 pellets in total)
chaingun - 5-15
rocket launcher - 20-160 direct hit. 0-128 splash
plasma gun - 5-40
BFG 9000 - 100-800 direct hit (in multiple rounds of 100. That means 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,or800 from a direct hit). 49-87 damage per invisible ray (40 rays in total. 1 ray per entity i think)
also take note on how much ammo you get from picking up the weapon and stray ammo :)
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom#Weapons
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Super_shotgun

Fists should do 20-200 damage when you have quad (similar to the berzerker powerup)
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Fists

Have the chainsaw :D It does 2-20 damage every hit with 8.75 hits per second.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Chainsaw

From what I remember, the fvf doom marine's ammo pack isn't matching what the original doom marine could carry. Here's what they are:
200 bullets
50 shells
50 rockets
300 cells
now with the backpack, that ammo limit is doubled. So I'll leave that to your digression.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom#Weapons

I just tested this in skulltag. With the jumping ability enabled, the doom guy can rocket jumping farther than the quake guy. It also hurts the doom guy a lot more :(.

Now this is the iffy part. The doom guy always takes 2/3 damage with any armour except for the blue armour (gives 200%). The blue armour reduces damage to 1/2. Green armour goes to 100% and blue armour goes to 200%.
My thoughts:
Quake green armour adds +50% (max is 200%) to the current armour. If the doom guy was currently wearing the blue (quake red) armour, then add +50% to the 1/2 armour.
Quake yellow armour gives 100% doom guy 1/3 resistance armour
Quake red armour gives 200% doom guy 1/2 resistance armour
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

I don't know if you want to include these but:
- the doom guy can run a whole lot faster than the quake guy.
- When using fists or the chainsaw, attacking an enemy has this wierd autoaim where your view focuses on the monster you're attacking.

Last thing. Powerups.
soul sphere - +100% health (up to 200%). The megahealth pretty much does this :)
Berzerk pack - red screen tint temporarily. x10 fist damage until end of level. Replace quad damage with this perhaps?
Blur artifact - no screen tint. ring for 1 minute
Invulnerability artifact - inverted black and white screen tint. Pent lasts 30 seconds. Last time I checked, armour isn't damaged while in god mode.
Radiation suit - green screen tint. bio suit that lasts for 1 minute
Megasphere - 200% health and armour. Just pointing this out.
Backpack - x2 ammo. Just pointing this out.
small health - +10$ health
medium health - +25% health
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Powerup
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Megasphere

ok I spent about 30 minutes putting this together. Give it some thought please :)

edit: added notes

doom guy doesn't drop any ammo on death

about the armour idea. Use that idea I listed above where GA gives +50 to whatever armour the doom guy is wearing. Same goes with YA if the doom guy is wearing RA. If the doom guy has the blue (quake red) armour on, then the only thing the YA and GA do is increase the quantity of the armour. The blue armour (1/2 damage) will only run out when all of the armour is depleted.

edit: armour mistake

I'm wrong. Doom green armour absorbs 1/3 while you take 2/3. Blue armour absorbs 1/2 while you take 1/2. I made the change in the above post but left my 1st edit out of the main post.
Armor helps protect a player from damage. Armor starts at 0% and may go as high as 200% (or, in versions of Doom prior to v1.2, a much larger value).

The armor number is not really a percentage of anything, it is just a number used in damage calculations. The current armor number is shown on the status bar.

Armor is reduced when it absorbs damage due to enemy attack or environmental hazard (damaging floors, exploding barrels, pods, or crushing ceilings).

In Doom, when a player is attacked, green security armor absorbs one third of the damage, thus lessening the decrease in health. Blue combat armor absorbs one half of damage, until it is fully depleted. Beneath 100 points, blue combat armor still absorbs one half of damage, and it is therefore good practice to avoid green security armor powerups until combat armor has been depleted to a value significantly beneath 100 units. Individual armor pickups simply increment the armor value and do not affect the quality of armor.

It should be noted that if neither security nor combat armor has been picked up, acquiring spiritual armor will add to security armor. If combat armor has been picked up, once it depletes to 0% your armor status reverts to security armor and picking up spiritual armor will not add to combat armor.

Example: A player is hit by a bullet that does 15 hit points of damage. If the player has normal armor or spiritual armors, armor is reduced by 5 and health by 10. If the player has combat armor, armor is reduced by 7 and health by 8. Without any armor, health is reduced by the full 15.

If armor is less than the calculated amount to absorb, then it absorbs whatever its value is (reducing it to zero) and the balance is subtracted from health.
With crappy armour, the doom guy needs some serious firepower to go up against the quake guy. So how about giving the doom guy the backpack powerup (x2 ammo) and instead of using random damage, use the max of each weapon. That's powerful. one shotgun pellet or chaingun bullet would do 15 damage. a point blank super shotgun hit would take away 300 health in just one blast. So crappy defense, majoy offense. The doom guy's weapons were more balanced than the quake guy's weapons. :)
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Why don't u just add fvf to zdoom. :P

Also do a monk-cyborg hybrid class omg so aaaaawwwwesome:

The monk was abducted by the Strogg after quake u see.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

People, wake up. You're telling Gunter to add new stuff to FvF? The lazy fuck doesn't even takes a shower.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Joao Lucas wrote:The lazy fuck doesn't even takes a shower.
No one likes a tattletale Joao.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Gunter has been helpful time to time and has said that he'd work on fvf when he has the time. That's helpful. He's also been helpful about tracking down the choppyness and wrong pings I get when using Darkplaces. ORL hosts fvf and gives a snark remark. thanks. And before you take that sarcasm as an actual compliment again, I'm really saying fuck you. But whatever it's your server, treat it how you want. Don't take it personally, but I don't take too kindly to "it's your problem" attitude.

Turns out it's probably the exe running fvf. What an evil contraption :O