Anything FvF related.
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Gunter's zoom alias

Post by Joao Lucas »

I use this all the time. From my old FvF forum:

Gunter wrote:

You can set up your own zoom alias. I put some sample ones in the readme file. Here;s the one I use (it uses the mouse wheel):

First you need to type "sensitivity" in the quake console to find what your standard mouse sensitivity is, then make a new file called "autoexec.cfg" and put it in your fvf folder, the add the correct lines below into the file and save it:

Code: Select all

Sniper zoom with mouse wheel:

copy all lines between the "-------------" marks
change "sensitivity 12" to whatever value your sensitivity is.
change "sensitivity 6" to about half the value of your normal sensitivity, and
change "sensitivity 3" to half of that value... get it?

-------------------

alias zoom_out_full  "sensitivity 12; bind mwheelup zoom_in_half; bind mwheeldown zoom_back;    fov 50:wait;fov 70;wait;fov 90" 
alias zoom_out_half  "sensitivity 6; bind mwheelup zoom_in_full; bind mwheeldown zoom_out_full; fov 20;wait;fov 30"

alias zoom_in_half   "sensitivity 6; bind mwheelup zoom_in_full; bind mwheeldown zoom_out_full; fov 70;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 30"
alias zoom_in_full   "sensitivity 3; bind mwheelup wait;         bind mwheeldown zoom_out_half; fov 20;wait;fov 10"

alias zoom_back "chase_active 1; bind mwheelup zoom_standard; bind mwheeldown wait"
alias zoom_standard "chase_active 0; bind mwheelup zoom_in_half; bind mwheeldown zoom_back"

zoom_standard

------------------- 
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Here's a slightly improved version of the fvf sniper zoom:

If you can't use mousewheel (like me nowadays) use the C key :O

alias zoom_out_full "sensitivity 60; bind c zoom_in_half; fov 50:wait;fov 70;wait;fov 128"
alias zoom_in_half "sensitivity 30; bind c zoom_out_full; fov 70;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 30"

bind "c" "zoom_in_half"

Here's my backup (~ vi file) of the mousewheel setup:

alias zoom_out_full "sensitivity 60; bind mwheelup zoom_in_half; bind mwheeldown wait; fov 50:wait;fov 70;wait;fov 128"
alias zoom_in_half "sensitivity 30; bind mwheelup wait; bind mwheeldown zoom_out_full; fov 70;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 30"

bind "mwheelup" "zoom_in_half"
bind "mwheeldown" "wait
I found it very tedious to zoom twice. FOV 10 isn't really that effective anyways as the shotgun will only do like 4 spread damage at such a range. It wouldn't even be worth it for the FVF Sniper class because there's no level that's THAT big that you need fov 10. fov 30 is the only zoom I need.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

Thanks, C*S.