Nostalgia

Anything FvF related.
suraklyn
Level 0

Nostalgia

Post by suraklyn »

So I was feeling a bit nostalgic today, and I hit google up with an FvF search. I have to admit that I was shocked to find an active forum that appears to be devoted to FvF.

I thought I'd drop a line in here to see if any of the old school FvFers are actually hanging around in here... maybe some folks back from DFA or the QW times.

Anyhow... I played under the handle JackaL way back when, and it may be cool to toss around some old stories and see what all you old guys are up to now.

I'm curious to see what this digs up...
Suraklyn / JackaL
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

Why does JackaL sound familiar?

Have you checked out the server yet? You might be interested to see what Gunter's done to the place.

Anyhow, Gunter will drag himself up shortly to assist you ^_^

I'm kind of an old newbie to FvF, myself. I don't remember when I started playing, though . Maybe 2002? Surely by 2003.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Ahahaha, JackaL, yes, I remember you (I have a very good memory). Not from DFA though, even though I did play there.

I remember you as the person who was a total asshole who thought he knew everything on the old Ground Zero/Stanford FvF forums back in 2001 when I was trying to get FvF started back up again. You insisted that FvF had died and would never return, and there was nothing I could do about it, and people like me disgusted you because I came along and thought I could succeed in bringing FvF back to life when others had failed to do so....

The forum is long dead, and sadly the Internet Archive didn't save the actual posts for us to reminisce over, but you can see the topic names here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200106101010 ... orums/fvf/

Like this one:

"Do you ever quit... - JackaL May 13 @ 10:51 PM"

Nope, I sure don't!

Good times, good times....

in any case, there's not just an FvF forum, there's an FvF Website, http://fvfonline.com (hosted by Hap), and the FvF server, running 24-7 (in theory) at fvf.servequake.com on your Quake dial.

It's not been that active lately; it goes in cycles. Oop... looks like there's 4 people playing there right now...

Well, I don't know why I'm here typing to you then, I'm gonna go play FvF! You should come play too! It's most always in Quest mode, but there's a vote menu to select any of the other modes. Download the files at the website above, and get Proquake, which is an improved Quake Client. then just connect and play, and watch out for the assraping dogs!

If you have any problems connecting, let us know and we'll get you fixed up.
suraklyn
Level 0

Post by suraklyn »

:lol: Although I really don't remember the thread all that well, I do vaguely recall going through all of that. Those were good times!

I'll have to see if I can't dig up my old Quake CD somewhere and get it loaded.

No hard feelings. :P
Suraklyn / JackaL
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Hehe, these post topics further down the page pretty much sumed it up:

Do you not realize..... (fvf is dead) - Kap January 26 @ 12:14 AM (1/4)
Blasphemy!! - Gunter January 26 @ 8:00 PM (2/3)
If only it were just blasphemy.... *cries* hehe, =P (No Text) - Kap January 26 @ 10:20 PM (0/0)
Sorry, FvF is dead. - JackaL February 6 @ 12:13 AM (1/1)
No. You're wrong. You'll see.... You'll ALLLLL see! - Gunter February 8 @ 4:24 AM (0/0)

You might also want to look at some of the new Quake clients with updated graphics like Qrack ( http://quakeone.com/qrack )

Though many of us don't like all the graphics changes, and prefer the true quake look of ProQuake.

If you have trouble locating your CD, there are places to download Quake... (since you do own the CD, it would be acceptable to download it as a backup).

Just search Google for "download quake 1 here" in quotes, hah.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

or http://www.quake1dm.com

PS: When I first sall this threads's title, I thought it was spam :D
foq
Level 4

Post by foq »

Gunter's got quite a past behind himself... heheh...
Anyways, I first connected to FVF in 2002 I believe in my uncle's PC repair shop under the name hat. Although my name is the foqer here and on quakeone forums, I play under the name Stealth_tu. I change names quite a bit...

I play fvf at least 2-3 times a week when I see someone is on by looking at quakeone's front page (it has a server browser you can use to check the most popular servers and see who's on)
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

I change names quite a bit...
Only a bit? :shock:
foq
Level 4

Post by foq »

I said "quite a bit".
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Only quite a bit? :shock:
Kruzen
Level 0

Post by Kruzen »

JackaL! I remember you :) In fact I think you're on my icq freinds list still.
[KC]Doom-Marine

Re: Nostalgia

Post by [KC]Doom-Marine »

Hey guys I played FVF on DFA Death from above!!!

I used to have the ip address memorized 208. somthing or somthing lol

I remember some guy spammed somthing about princess dianna for hours in dfa lol.....
and some guy named Levanti had ISDN and was lpb as fuck and just used the quake class lol.........

OH yeah My name Doom-Marine was all decked out I had the graphic editor for names...
I also made a color change script so when I shot my gun my shirt or pants would change colors you may have seen me coloring around..

I whored deity quite alot.. and trolled around doing the sonic booms on ppl lol..

I also loved ninjaing into the deity with lighting gun and pop him with crits lol.....

I think I just loved every class.. I loved sppamming the W L W nukes lol thats so dumb fun..

Another pass time that I almost always was doing... being a sniper with the hook hiding in the darkest spot with the silencer and dmg upgrades.. ohhhhh I had to much fun hanging around like a nut or bannana lol..

I remember some clan called C4?? I was a member of for a bit.. met a few good folk but its been ages since I talked with them..
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Good old DFA server (Death From Above)....

Your name does seem familiar, and seeing someone running around changing colors is also familiar, so I probably played with you back in the day.

I was always just "Gunter" with the blue shirt and yellow pants, heh.
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

"seeing someone running around changing colors is also familiar"

Heh I used to do that with a mousewheel bind. Good times. I mostly did it on Redrum's old school junker server though, I think.
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Flamboyant, just like a proper tranny.
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!