Aww...

Anything FvF related.
SpectrumVixen

Aww...

Post by SpectrumVixen »

Awww, come on... I'm a budding programmer and I do skins! I could help ya... maybe even improve the existing ones a weeeeee little bit >.>; They're nice and all... but rather ghetto...

And no, I don't THINK i'm some re-incarnated ancient player... though that sounds like the plot of some manga somewhere >.>;
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

You do skins? Do you have any already made we could check out as samples of your work?
SpectrumVixen

Aww...

Post by SpectrumVixen »

No, not on current computers, but I could whip some up, lickety split for you. What classes would you like me to reskin?
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

All.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Hey, I know what you can do!

First download the high-quality monster skin pack from the web site.... Those were made from modified skins that someone named OgrO made... but he didn't include skins for the standard knight, Shub-Niggurath, or Chthon.... So I just filtered them a bit for better contrast and detail, but they still aren't nearly as good as OgrO's monsters.

If you could make a high-quality knight skin, that'd be cool... It should look similar to the standard knight, but it can be spiffed up a lot. Like compare the standard death knight to the death knight skin in the high-quality pack....

Just use the included knight skin as a guide. You can resize it if you'd like it to be bigger to work with, and use as many colors as you want. (Qrack doesn't care about the size or color depth like standard Quake does).

Or you could do something with Shub and Chthon if you wanna give them a try.....

I don't promise I'll use whatever you come up with -- it depends on if I think they fit in well and stuff, but I'd like to see what you can do.

If you made some nice high-quality FvF class skins, I'd check them out too... You might start with the standard quake soldier. Again, the skins should look somewhat similar to the originals.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Except for the cleric. Don't be afraid to change the entire look for the cleric. The cleric looks stupid :P
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Canadian*Sniper wrote:Except for the cleric. Don't be afraid to change the entire look for the cleric. The cleric looks stupid :P
WHAT!?

The cleric is the best looking fantasy class. Leave the cleric alone.

The skins I think need some improvements are the Sniper Commando, the fighter, and the ninja.

The sniper commando just looks to faggish. Get rid of those shredded sleeves, and put something else on.

The fighter needs something on his chest. A shirt, armor, a bra, anything. And some pants would be nice.

The ninja is to black. He looks like one big solid color.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Yeah, the cleric needs a re-skin. He looks like a pimp.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Make an alternate female skin for each :) :) :) :)
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

That would be gay.

edit: lol I did not notice gulliver posted that :roll:
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Joao Lucas wrote:That would be gay.
It suuure would. :D
Joao Lucas wrote:edit: lol I did not notice gulliver posted that :roll:
kekekeke.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Just ignore these goofballs and start with the knight monster skin I suggested.
Spectrumvixen

Aww...

Post by Spectrumvixen »

Hee, okay! I'll work on that... I was thinking for the Fighter having a bunch of scars and whatnot on his chest, and like bandages on it, wrapped up tight and bloody.

As for female skins... I can obtain a female model for quake that is sans the suck of the fem-reaper female quake model... maybe picking gender is the next thing for fvf? Wouldnt change the gameplay a bit... I'm just sick of seeing myself as a big hairy guy when I play the fighter.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Picking gender is a cool idea, but it would require a custom model... and we can't use custom models, or it prevents people who don't have the mod from playing at all.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Might be hard, but try to do a skin on the regular player model and make him look like a female. A really muscular, flat-chested female...

Worth a shot.