Deleted post?

Anything FvF related.
Tinari

Deleted post?

Post by Tinari »

I posted a topic about 30 minutes ago (give or take) on something of nostalgia to me, and the post has vanished. Was it deleted, in the wrong place, or simply irrelevant to the game? Unless I am completely and entirely mistaken, this game had a midi included in the manual which was fairly large that I listened to while reading, and would leave open when playing FvF due to simply thinking the midi made a great background audio track to listen to.
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

Sorry, we get so much spam around here, sometimes legitimate posts get deleted with the rest.

FvF had a midi?
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

Not as the actual gameplay audio. About 6-7 years ago it had an HTML help file I think, with an imbedded midi that I listened to for hours on end (the midi itself was about 15 minutes long) and I think it fit FvF so perfectly because it blended chorusing with techno in a way that made me adore it. But, as the old post said, major shot in the dark. I'm probably the Sonly person who cared about it. :)
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Hm, wow... I don't remember anything like that....
I thought FvF's Help file was always in plain text format. Perhaps it was a web page from somewhere on the internet?

During what years did you play FvF? Any idea of what version?
FvF4 Shareware or earlier? Or Full registered FvF?
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

Shareware, and I am wanting to guesstimate somewhere between 1997-1999ish. I was still in high school and was on summer vacation when I downloaded FvF on yonder 28.8k dial-up. Heh. It may very well have been a website for FvF that had it. I know I had the music play when I was reading the manual, and had it playing when I played FvF, and I know I got it at the same time as FvF. I am quite certain that it was related to FvF in some way, but 10 years has a way to play havoc on your memory.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

You might inquire on the http://www.purgefinal.com forums. I think Hap might still be around there.
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

It took me a few days and a lot of time, but I finally found a version of the song I was looking for via Doom Megawads. Glee.

If anyone cares to hear it, I can send it to them.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Tinari wrote:It took me a few days and a lot of time, but I finally found a version of the song I was looking for via Doom Megawads. Glee.

If anyone cares to hear it, I can send it to them.
Could you possibly host it somewhere?

If not, you could just send it to my email address. I'd like to hear this.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Yah. I'd like a copy too, pls.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Same here.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

It's probably a Wierd Al Yankovich song
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

Maybe. I am at work now, and I work until 11PM CST. I'll sign up for some free hosting somewhere and put it up bt around midnight CST when I get home. This version is slightly different (it's shorter) but it's the same thing. Kind of like a radio edit of a really long song.
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

http://files-upload.com/files/440287/d_betwee.mid

There ya go. That's pretty much the exact same song, only seems like a shorter radio edit (as I remember the one I listened to being approx 12 minutes)
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

I think that's from Zelda.
Or some other SNES game.
Probably A link to the past.

Wait is that supposed to be a Doom MP3?
Or something someone stuck in a wad?

Edit:
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_II_music

Well I'll b'damned.

Edit2:
Well. It's possible he ripped it from somewhere else:
"Bobby Prince is a Filthy Thief", in which samples of Prince's music are compared with his sources:
http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/doomcovers/

But your midi really puts me in mind of Zelda or a dungeon. Maybe I'm trippin'
Tinari

Post by Tinari »

It is from no SNES game I know, and believe me I know my pre-64 Zelda.

Honestly, I had never heard this midi or any song similar to it. I do believe it was somehow associated with FvF because I remember thinking, "Hey, this song sounds kind of fantasy with the chorusing and build-up orchestra, and kinda futury with the techno beats it throws in". That's approximately what I thought, though I am sure much less eloquent as about almost 8-9 years has passed since then. It's NOT an original Doom MIDI, it's actually from a mod, which used user made/ripped/stolen midis for the music.