FvF Quakeworld

Anything FvF related.
Gunter

FvF Quakeworld

Post by Gunter »

I saw a referring link in the server log and checked it out. It's a Quakeworld forum where someone asked about running an FvF server, and they have set one up.
I installed my FvFWQ and went to check it out and met a couple players there (at least one is from Brazil -- not certain where the server is).
I told them to try our server, but they don't seem to know a lot about standard quake.

Anyway, here is their forum: http://tfcustom.gurubb.com/viewtopic.php?t=22

the server is: phoenixlabs.org:27504

Here's the server status: http://www.gameaholic.com/serverstatus/ ... 0.194.178/

Of course, you have to have a QuakeWorld client to connect, though apparently Darkplaces can connect to either type of server. You also have to download the FVFQW mod, which a QW client should do automatically, though it's a bit slow.... I don't know of any place to DL it online; there used to be a site, but it's dead now.

The server is different from ours, and has some bugs and other odd stuff. Check it out if you want, or go and try to recruit players for our server :lol:
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Darkplaces doesn't require mdls, bsps, etc to play on a modded server. In fact it downloads the files required if the server allows it (DP and QW thing).
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Used DP to connect and download the files automatically. I already had a few of the fvf wav files so...

wav files[210.6 KB]
mdl files [4.31 MB]

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

After 6ish minutes I connect (and say stuff I didn't say :/ Happened whenever I joined a new map in this server). You'll notice that there are no custom player skins. This is probably because it saw I already had a player.mdl and didn't want to replace it. I tried out some of the weapons. Oh ya, I also had this annoying % sign stuck on my splash. Perhaps that's for level completion (bugging out on a dm map)? Iunno and no longer care :P
Image Image Image
Image Image

Looks like the FIGHTER class stole a baton from Lerster's closet.

so ya. Don't need to DL the mod if you have DP.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Orl and Rocketguy had the same problem with the skins not autodownloading.... That's weird; I thought skin downloads were automatic in QuakeWorld. The skins are kept in a different folder as PCX files rather than attached to the mdl file (they work for me).

Yeah, the % sign was for % of monsters killed in Quest mode.... If it's showing up in DM, it's probably a bug. There were bugs in Quest mode too.... Like sometimes all the monsters would just start ignoring you even when you shoot them. The monsters would also respawn, but that's not a bug... They would also drop weapons when you killed them.

There is a (huge) vote menu to get to different modes.

Looks like they have a mode called Jihad -- it's Purge with an altar for both teams.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

There should be 2 alters in Purge mode but are usable to both teams. Boths teams could control 1 or one team could control both.

Post by Guest »

No. No. Everyone should have a portable altar. And be a deity. And we run around blowing each other up and firing off homing lava balls.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Guest Gunter :P
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

Oops. That was me.