Gunter has been PWN'd.

Anything FvF related.
foq
Level 4
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Gunter has been PWN'd.

Post by foq »

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthre ... 798&page=2
Gunter, take a look at Baker's post near the bottom of the page. He totally pwnd you.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Go Gunter!
Last edited by Joao Lucas on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

They've got a long way to go to get to Gunter's current FvF source.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

But you're missing the point trans, Baker doesn't give a shit about getting Gunter's version of HAP's code. He's just dissing Gunter for being a sociopath :D
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

If the guy wants FvF for a LAN party, then FVF Requested would be fine. It can still run the standard maps, and he wants what? Deathmatch?

Even FvF4 Shareware would be good (it's easily available for download around the net)

But to correct Baker on several points:

All progs.dat prior to about 1999/2000 were made by the original QCC compiler because no other compilers existed. These progs ALL decompile VERY well.
But back in 1997 SoulScythe made a progs.dat Scrambler program (though some newer decompilers can still decompile the scrambled code reasonabley).

The 2.09 fvfprogs.dat had been scrambled, and it was Armaphage who managed to decompile it -- but it wasn't easy. He had to use a hex editor himself to so something with the file names so it would work because the file names are stripped out, and it came out not looking good at all, and with errors in it, and of course all the file names were like 000001.qc.
Hap didn't have the source code for the older version I work with, and I don't think he was easy to contact at the time.

Though I'm not sure exactly what tools Arm had available at the time, or what he used.

So what's easy for you to do today may not have been so simple in the past.

And Sniper's right; the real reason I don't give out my source code is just that I don't like any of you people :P
Baker

Post by Baker »

None of my thoughts on Quake and open source have anything to do with any specific person. I push open source everywhere with everyone with no exceptions and am totally neutral and never deviate from pushing open source.