ProQuake 3.99a

Anything FvF related.
Baker

ProQuake 3.99a

Post by Baker »

I wanted to post this here to get feedback from Gunter or whoever else.

In particular, I added new functionality that eliminates the need for -ip for almost all situations involving DSL. Dialup users would still need to use -ip, but I have plans for that as well.

Download: ProQuake 3.99a

Main features of ProQuake 3.99a:

1. 8 button mouse support
2. No need for -ip parameter with a regular DSL modem.
3. Change resolution on-the-fly in the menu (you don't need -width or -height anymore)
4. Change brightness in-game (you can still use -gamma parameter, looks slightly different without)
5. Play demos automatically by clicking on them. For example, you can click this demo and it will play.
6. Get maximum FPS by turning off vsync and setting FPS in menu.
7. D3DPro.exe version for certain video cards that can't run glpro. It's a Direct3DQuake-style ProQuake. (d3dpro DOES require -width/-height parameters, but like glpro399.exe can adjust brightness in-game).
8. Turn demos to AVI movies just like JoeQuake with capturedemo command.
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Re: ProQuake 3.99a

Post by Joao Lucas »

I just downloaded it... nice job 8)
Baker

Post by Baker »

Thanks Joao ;)
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Post by Gunter »

The mouse cursor still gets trapped inside the window, as I described before. This makes it impossible to drag the window to a new postion on my screen....

After exiting the game, the cursor was trapped in that same area at first, but then it got freed and could move all around the screen again, however, the sensitivity was changed in windows, so I had to go into the mouse control panel and restore my correct sensitivity....

I do use the -dinput switch on the command line, if that makes a difference.

Can someone else try running this in a window and verify this behavior?

i.e., if you call down the console to free the mouse, you can't move the mouse outside of the quake window.

And I'd still like to be able to use the ALT key to toggle the console.

EDIT: ok, I tried running in a window without the -dinput switch, and it didn't happen. The mouse sensitivity still changed in windows though.

Then I added the -dinput switch back in, and the problem came back.... and it stuck even after I exited Quake.... My mouse cursor is still restricted from leaving the area where the Quake window was located.....
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
Baker

Post by Baker »

I just tried this and it does get locked to the window.

I'll take a look at it. In ProQuake 3.99a, you can turn -dinput off and on from inside the client.

But apparently something different goes on when -window is used.

Thanks!
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

What's the console command for switching mouse mode?
Baker

Post by Baker »

m_directinput 1

It is in advanced settings menu as well.