fvf_chat got you frustrated?

Anything FvF related.
Orl
Administrator

fvf_chat got you frustrated?

Post by Orl »

Heres a quick thing you can do to terminate the fvf_chat in console when your not playing at FvF.

In your ID1 folder, make a configuration file called fvfchat.cfg
In it, put in the following:

bind "t" "messagemode"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"

Save it.

Open up your autoexec.cfg and put in the following:

exec "fvfchat.cfg"

Save it, and your done. That simple.

So everytime you start up Quake, the fvfchat.cfg will terminate the fvf_chat in your normal config so your not bombarded with it in the console. And you can still have the chat smoke when your talking and in console at FvF with this.

Or you can use Rocketguy's method which involves recompiling the entire engine with some bizarre code that takes forever to do and results in problems. Your choice.
Gunter Havoc

Post by Gunter Havoc »

That's not true! People love my fvf_chat messages in their console when they are playing at other servers! You sadden me.

Also, you could just put those commands in your autoexec.cfg in the first place, and save yourself a step.
RocketGuy
Level 5

Re: fvf_chat got you frustrated?

Post by RocketGuy »

Orl wrote:Or you can use Rocketguy's method which involves recompiling the entire engine with some bizarre code that takes forever to do and results in problems. Your choice.
lol

When I said that it takes forever and results in problems I was assuming that the person doing it was dumb ;)
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Ohh no, Gunter has turned into lordhavoc, who disagrees with everyones complaints! Oh this is bad, this is baaad!
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Orl wrote:Ohh no, Gunter has turned into lordhavoc, who disagrees with everyones complaints! Oh this is bad, this is baaad!
Gunter always disagreed with everyone's complaints :P
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

RocketGuy wrote:
Orl wrote:Ohh no, Gunter has turned into lordhavoc, who disagrees with everyones complaints! Oh this is bad, this is baaad!
Gunter always disagreed with everyone's complaints :P
I disagree with you both.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

So I think we can agree to disagree on this one?
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

I bound my g key to reset most of my keys which servers mess with. What's wrong with using impulses again for fvf_chat? Don't tell me that fvf uses all possible impulses 0_o
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

fvf_chat is an impulse, Gunter is just dumb and aliases it before binding it :P
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

That's intentional.

Otherwise I could re-bind their keys and they wouldn't know why their keys were re-bound. This lets them know why, and if they ask someone about it, they will be able to figure it out right away rather than going through a bunch of steps because they don't know what's going on.

Also, free server advertisement :D
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Gunter wrote:That's dumb.
Fixed! Image
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

RocketGay wrote:I'm a gay homosexual! Image
Fixed.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Gay homosexual. Does that work out like a double negative? I don't not like something?
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD