New Quake Mod Survey

Discuss anything you'd like that doesn't belong in the other forums.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

New Quake Mod Survey

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Hello Everyone! I'd like to take 5 minutes of your time for you to fill out this survey. It will help Zop and I come up with a brand new mod for this server idea we have. We're planning to attach all the original quake maps together into one big ass map (where the exit of e1m1 will teleport you to the start of e1m2). Right now Zop is testing proof of concept.

If this proof of concept works out, then we will attempt to host up to 255 players in a Darkplaces server (less if we have too). This could be very fun as players don't all have to be in the same level at the same time.

But now we need YOUR input. We don't want to blindly create a mod if people don't like it. That is why YOUR input will determine how the mod will function. EVERY QUAKER is needed to fill out this survey. Great thanks!

Here's the link to the survey:

http://ws.bcitbusiness.ca/wsb.dll/A0058 ... akeMod.htm

ps - if you know of any other good forums for the quake community could you please let me know in this thread? Thanks!
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

Submitted.

This certainly sounds interesting. I have no idea how your going pull this off C*S, but then again I don't know what Darkplaces is capable of accomplishing.

So, best of luck to ya.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Zop has made insane progress on the huge map. We're in good shape! :D
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

How many maps have been combined so far?

More importantly, how long are the compile times? QBSP, light, fast vis...
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

So far Zop has combined all the dm maps together for beta testing purposes on proof of concept. It's better you ask Zop these things.