HEADHUNTERS LIVES!!!

Discuss anything you'd like that doesn't belong in the other forums.
QuadRaptor
Level 4

HEADHUNTERS LIVES!!!

Post by QuadRaptor »

Frenzy made a HeadHunters server!!

If you recall, in my story "Clash of the Cyborgs", round 2 of the 3-round war against QuadRaptor and another cyborg named Sentinel was the Headhunters mod.

Headhunters was a game I played a long time ago on quake.petronet.net, way back when Runequake was called "Artifact" quake (on quake.argon.org), and when quake.dread.net was a huge CTF server. Those three servers were my favorites from long ago.

Well, the past may be history, but HeadHunters lives again!

Frag your opponents and grab their heads, then take them to an altar located somewhere in the map. The more heads you have, the more frags you get! You can even haunt other players after they put YOUR head on the altar and deal damage to them as a floating head! It's soo much fun, especially when there are a lot of players around!!

quake.clanhdz.com port 26001

Come kick some ass and grab some heads! You'll experience what Frenzy calls "the rush", when you have a bunch of heads and try to get to the altar without getting killed so you get an edge in the scores.
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

You know the best thing was a custom headhunters + runes server.

In fact Chuck of Widomaker revived it briefly a couple of years ago. He might still have a copy.

I have great memories of exploiting a bug so that you could REMAIN a head and block and nibble spawn players to death, feeding on their delectable frustration.
Some quaker called "1207" (blue & green colors?) did it first, and I figured it out by watching him. Great times.

Hee hee.

We're Quaked. We're all Quaked.
QuadRaptor
Level 4

Post by QuadRaptor »

Huh, never heard of that hybrid before. It would be great to try out sometime, and I bet the game would be so much more interesting having to do two mods at once.

gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

Well, see if Chuch would be kind enough to donate it. He might be found over on QuakeOne. And since TheHub is down, maybe we could replace it? (though runes + heads might be more of a bandwidth hog)
We're Quaked. We're all Quaked.