new/remixed class ideas

Anything FvF related.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

new/remixed class ideas

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

just throwing ideas out. It's obvious the quake soldier is the best out of all the classes and we've had a discussion on remixing the mood marine.

Here's some more thoughts:

Fighter
Give the Fighter another choice of attack when maxed out. Select it with impulse 3 or something. Fighter attacks with axe but also blasts powerful energy projectiles from his sword. The projectiles disappear after a short distance and move either forward+left or forward+right (\ or /). This attack doesn't travel far at all. It should travel x3 as far as the maxed out fighter can reach with this axe. This attack uses up 10 shells. Reminder, this attack still does the usual longer distanced melee damage, but also fires projectiles which cost shells.

Mage
Change the lazy impulse 8 to a powerful explosion that does 5*cells radiusdamage (that's right, this could have a large radius with 100 cells. This attack does 10 damage to the user and uses up all his/her cells. Sort of like a non suicidal discharge. This attack should have a long cool down to prevent explosion spam. Sort of like a last trump card. Say 3 seconds. There should be a one second warning before the explosion goes off.

Impulse 4. Change the 4 kill clouds to an Ice Ball. This single ice ball will freeze the enemy from moving or attacking (but not falling) for 3 seconds. The projectile is just as slow as a slow fireball and the cooldown for this attack is 1 second to prevent spam. How this would be useful is the feature for the ice ball to split into two when hit by a projectile. If you fire multiple projectiles, you will see many ice balls. The projectiles disapear after triggering the ice ball split. The duplicate iceball curves to the left or right, similar to the direction I described for the fighter attack. The ice ball would do mediocre damage, say 30. The true damage of being hit by this attack is the 3 second freeze.

Impulse 5. Replace the homing lightning with an energy shield. This shield is placed infront of the user when cast and doesn't move or take damage. It goes away after 30 seconds. It can hurt enemies that touch it. It reflects all projectiles (friendly and enemy) the way they came when they touch the shield. Another handy defensive spell for the mage.

Impulse 6. The slow fireball sucks. Change it to a team friendly spell. Enchant. Press 6 multiple times to change from Ice Enchant and Fire Enchant. You can hold jump to cast it on yourself. Enchant lasts for 5 minutes. What it does it make the melee weapons more effective. Both Enchants add +50% damage to the melee attacks. Ice Enchanted weapons slows the movement of the target by 20%. There's also a 5% chance the attack will freeze the target for 3 seconds. Fire Enchanted weapons torch the target which does 5 damage/second until they heal or jump in water/slime. There's also a 5% chance you'll do 200 radius damage (not hurting yourself). You can't stack enchants, they just overwrite the previous effect.

Sniper
When maxed out, give the Sniper the ability to push all the enemies he's facing away from him. Like a gust of wind, but only push them away so far. Like from the middle teleport in dm6 to the RL near the Mega. This move costs 10 shells (that's 1/4 the sniper's total ammo).

Ninja

Remove hook as impulse 1. Replace it with a ranged, 1 second cool down slash attack (or an axe attack with the range of a maxed out fighter). This attack does 20 damage, normal. But does 80 damage when you attack in the air.

Change impulse 3 to hook.

Change impulse 6 to Hide. Once you cast this move, you will become invisible until you move, attack, or take damage. Costs 10 Rockets.

Impulse 7 should fire 5 throwing knives in an arc shape at the cost of 5 Rockets.

That's all for now.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

How about the ninja throws down a smoke flask or whatever before he teleports. or at least have an effect smokier than the teleport fog.

Maybe the Sniper could have a very limited camouflage effect. And if he's Canadian, he can pick up a beer powerup for advanced dodging capabilities.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

I bet the fighter would like to get his hands on that old throwaxe qc by Wedge & Choryoth.

Though I think a boomerang axe would be more fun.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

C*S, well done, I love your ideas, principally the mage ice ball one! Gunter, do what he says! It's so fucking cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!! :)
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Gunter! Fish those gibs out of the pool!

Gunter! Change that ogre's diaper!

Gunter! Polish my rocket launcher!
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Just throwing ideas out. I also think the shubby battle in nightmare hyper should be less chaotic. It takes so long it's not fun.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

BTW, how come no one votes for random monsters.
Orl
Administrator

Post by Orl »

gulliver-trans wrote:BTW, how come no one votes for random monsters.
My guess is because of the ridiculous amount of shamblers and vores it makes. If it was limited to 2 shamblers and say 4 vores a map, I would be fine with it.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

I can see that, ORL. Gunter likes to make us suffer, though :(

It's like C*S said above about the hyper boss: Those shamblers take so long to deal with that it's just not fun, especially lacking a commensurate ammo supply increase.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

I was referring to shubby with instant hit rockets that pretty much kill you.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Yeh. It's only similar in that: 1. takes too long 2. not fun.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Yep, the only good classes to defeat those 5 thousand HP Shamblers are the Doom Marine and the Laser Android, because both has a BFG that kills the Shamblers with 2 hits (when you're near the target).
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Joao Lucas wrote:Yep, the only good classes to defeat those 5 thousand HP Shamblers are the Doom Marine and the Laser Android, because both has a BFG that kills the Shamblers with 2 hits (when you're near the target).
And the Ninja. Don't forget the Ninja. He'll cut u.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Ninja can't ALWAYS do criticals. BFG ALWAYS kills :P