FvF QuakeWorld

Anything FvF related.
Pulseczar
Level 0

FvF QuakeWorld

Post by Pulseczar »

Hi, Gunter.

I see in the history of FvF written here, that there is/was a QuakeWorld version of FvF. I'm wondering why you choose to run the NetQuake version rather than QuakeWorld? Is the QW version not available to you? The network enhancements in QW make playing over the internet so much more pleasant. Without those enhancements, client movement is very tightly coupled with the server, creating an ice skating feeling.
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Re: FvF QuakeWorld

Post by Gunter »

Yeah, I don't know what ever happened to the QW version. And back then, QW was never as popular as standard net Quake. Running standard Quake used to get us more players. These days, there are some clients that can connect to either flavor of Quake.
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
Pulseczar
Level 0

Re: FvF QuakeWorld

Post by Pulseczar »

Yeah, FTE, which is what I was using on your server for its standard Quake capability, can do both. I am surprised you got more players with standard Quake. I know some people prefer standard Quake, for some reason, but it always seemed like to me that most people left standard Quake for QuakeWorld, when QW was released. But maybe initially, for a while, that wasn't the case. I would like to see a QW version of your server.