Server crashed - Dec 07, 2006, 1700 CST (GMT -0600)

Is there something that doesn't work right? Do you need help with something? Post about it here.
JUGGERNAUT

Server crashed - Dec 07, 2006, 1700 CST (GMT -0600)

Post by JUGGERNAUT »

while playing with Lysander and Killer of Noobs just now on E4M3 (The Elder God Shrine) I was just playing as usual, and suddenly I was thrown back to the console with no messages out of the ordinary printed.

Upon trying to reconnect, it said no servers found! What happen? Someone set us up the bomb?
JUGGERNAUT

Post by JUGGERNAUT »

as a followup, i just got back on and can confirm that the server restarted on start.bsp in deathmatch mode.

all three of us (Killer of Noobs, Lysander, and myself) confirm the crash.
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

It's very hard to know why a crash happens... The server logs are usually useless in giving a sensible error message. If you knew EXACTLY what you were doing when it crashed, it might lead me in the right direction.... but other than that.... *shrug* there's not much I can do.
JUGGERNAUT

Post by JUGGERNAUT »

well i dunno about the others, but i was firing a psionic blast at a zombie and the rings were in mid air

one thing i noticed one time when playing that level with ORL is that in the graveyard with all the zombies, the tons of chunks of meat tended to lag the server down a bit. could it be possible that somehow, an inordinate amount of zombie gibs caused some kind of kern protection failure/bad access? just a thought
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Yes, that is possible. The server can't handle too many entities all at once.... It's not something that happened often though... but sometimes the server will just choke when you gib 30 zombies all at once, heh....