Anti-Wallhack (Anti-pak2)

Anything FvF related.
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Anti-Wallhack (Anti-pak2)

Post by gulliver-trans »

So are we going to get anti-wallhack for the FvF server?

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3171
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Re: Anti-Wallhack (Anti-pak2)

Post by Joao Lucas »

Is it really needed? 99% of the time we play Coop...
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Needed for what?
Armaphage
Level 0

Post by Armaphage »

I haven't done any testing, but I suspect it might help with my lag, because it does not send as much unnecessary information to the clients.

I also think it'd just be a good idea, unless it's for some reason less reliable or causes problems with co-op. This is probably one of the only servers running co-op, so I'd be surprised if the anti-wallhack server was tested in this mode. Someone needs to test the server out on a local network first.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Anti-wallhack isn't really necessary for coop.

BUT

On the topic of anti-lag, the basic anti-wallhack is not going to help with lag because it only pre-screens players. That isn't going to be significantly helpful for low bandwidth connections.

However, Rook's new engine code uses FULL pre-screening. This could significantly save bandwidth for dialup users and such, especially on the type of maps that coop is played on where very things are actually in view.

That could make a big difference AND it really does need some testing on a server running a more challenging scenario like FVF. Clan Arena and other deathmatch mods don't have a lot of non-player entities compared to coop that have them all over the place.