Very nice, congrats.

Anything FvF related.
ezzetabi
Level 0

Very nice, congrats.

Post by ezzetabi »

In a whim I reinstalled Quake and played a little. I sought some Mod for a different playing and I found this one, it is really great.
No strange binding usual 1-8 weapons and ammo, no unbalanced weapons since the usual Quake Guy is the base, 12 quite different classes. It is just too nice. It is indeed a pity Quake is not as famous now. But yet, seeing someone posted in the Forum in 2008 I thought you may like yet an other player.

Just few questions:
How can I play in SP or in LAN with the version we can play in fvf.servequake.com, with the rocket ogres, the shielded swordman, etc?
How can I play the Doom Marine in SP?
The server is always empty or sometime there is some action?
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Re: Very nice, congrats.

Post by Gunter »

Yeah, the server doesn't get much action these days.... The Turk is about the only one that makes use of it a lot. I guess you'll just have to invite friends to play it with you.

To get the Doom Marine in the standards FvF you had to hold down the fire button as you change classes.

Also, the version we run on the server isn't available for download. You can get the full "registered" FvF though, with all it's weird-ass maps and monsters, heh. But you can play the standard maps with it too. Look on JackO's site for that -- It's in the Links section of the main page (note that the registered version isn't compatible with the server though).

Or you can get the shareware version 4 of FvF. That works fine for network play, plus you can use all the different custom models when everyone on your network has the mod installed.
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by gulliver-trans »

What are you playing these days, Gunter?
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

Disciples II, Rise of the Elves.

And this game was pretty fun for a while:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/garin/monsters-den
ezzetabi
Level 0

Post by ezzetabi »

It is really a pity you decided to not allow downloading the mod you use in the server (What is the reason, btw?) The fvf registered is not as nice. The new monsters are not a good replacement of the original ones as yours. (IMO, of course)

Anyway, to start a server to play Quest with friends in LAN I should start:

darplaces-glx -port <num> -dedicated -game fvf +coop 0 +deathmatch 3 +skill 3 +map e1m1
be sure the <num> port is udp reachable for everyone and everyone connect to it...
Is it the better way or there is some other good flags I should put?
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

You should be able to just start the game with -dedicated and then in the server console, type:

quest

That alias should be set up to start you up in quest mode.
You can type any other commands in the server console too... like skill 3 if you want it to be harder or e1m1 if you wanna change to that map.

You know you could just make sure everyone on the LAN is connected to the internet through your router or a proxy program on the computer that is connected to the net, and they could all just connect to the online server.