This is good stuff - smoothig monster movement

Anything FvF related.
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

This is good stuff - smoothig monster movement

Post by Gunter »

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-talk/s ... olved.html

Baker found the root of the issue where monster movement is really jerky for online servers, and he fixed it in ProQuake. Nice work from him.

I've been wanting this for, like, ever. Fitzquake and Darkplaces have it, but they lack other vital features like remote console control.

It's kind of amazing that Quake is so old, but there's still bits of its functionality that remain mysterious....

I guess we should update the server to the latest ProQuake.

Does is have a switch to allow access to colors 14 and 15? I think that's the only hack in our server that might be missed....

Now if only I could get my Wii to connect to the server :|
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Re: This is good stuff - smoothig monster movement

Post by Gunter »

Hm, using the new verson of Proquake, there seem to be some bugs:

After playing GlPro430 then returning to Windows (XP), my mouse settings are altered ("Enhance pointer pecision" becaomes activated -- I hate that), and my gamma/color/contrast settings are altered (I have to reload my color sceheme).

Underwater in the game, everything is perfeclty clear. What's up with that? It doesn't look like I'm underwater.... The graphics should, by default, look just like standard GLQuake/GlPRo.

The interpolation settings.... are incomprehensable or don't seem to work right....
The monster movement smoothing is on by default when I connect to online servers, and it looks good, but the animation interpolation is not on, and there seems to be no way to turn it on?

Reading some settings from the readme:

cl_gameplayhack_monster_lerp 1/0 activates/deactivates the smooth movment correctly

but sv_gameplayfix_monster_lerp doesn't seem to do anything (no change in jerky animation or movement).

Neither of these settings seem to have any effect in single-player or when starting a new multiplayer game from my client (and nothing is smoothed).

Other settings mentioned in the readme like r_interpolate_model_animation come back as unknown commands.

If anyone wanted to pass this info along to Baker at Quakeone.....
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!