Everybody check this out....

Discuss anything you'd like that doesn't belong in the other forums.
Gunter
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Gunter

Everybody check this out....

Post by Gunter »

Well, "everybody" meaning "Trans," since he's the only other person who visits this forum.

I chat with Hap (the original creator of FvF), and one day I was mentioning that I won a pirate game cartridge for a Nintendo DS by making a Wii homebrew game for a competition (It's called Harmony's Nightmare -- you can search youtube for a video). Well, he said that he had a NDS somewhere in his closet that he never used, so he would send it to me for free.... Then after he dug it out, he also decided that he never used his Playstation 3 either, so he sent that too me as well! Pretty cool, eh? He needed to clear out space because he's got a baby now....

Well I've been playing Splatterhouse for the PS3. Love it.
I wonder if Orl ever played that.. He used to be a Splatterhouse fan (he used to have the boss monster from Splatterhouse 1 as his avatar).

Hey Tans.... You have broadband... wanna host an FvF server? heh. It could just run in a minimized window if you leave a computer on all the time....
There is someone running an FvF 2.09 server called Earthquake, and I tried to find a way to contact him to see if he wanted to run the updated version... but that didn't really work.

Anyway, it's not like many people play these days... but it'd still be nice if there was a server running somewhere. I've been telling Hap we need to play FvF sometime.
ImageImageImage <- Try my Pogo Piggle games for Android!
gulliver-trans
Administrator
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Re: Everybody check this out....

Post by gulliver-trans »

Um. Why can't I reply?
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

I don't know. Why can't you? Try it again? I got your email saying you can't post.... What exactly is it doing or not doing? It let you post asking why you couldn't post, heh....
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Still getting the 403 (forbidden). Either it is too long, or there is some odd character in it.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

It's like my character limit is 100 words or something. ugh.
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Hello, this is Everybody speaking. We are one.
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

That is very strange.

Hm... when I just tried pasting in the text in the email you sent I also got that error.....

What the fudge. I'll see if there's some kind of character count limit.....
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Retrying my original reply:

Pretty sweet deal you got there (free con - sole) . It pays to have friends, eh? Too bad I don't really bother to keep friends. Hehe. Got any space you need to clear out, old buddy, old pal? ;) ;) ;)

So... new baby... Would its name happen to be... <i>Play Station Four</i>?

Hey, I'll send you an old website server if you'll pay shipping! The thing is, I have no idea if it works, because I'm pretty sure they pulled out the hard drives, and because it was sitting in the back of a hatchback for a few hours on a hot summer's day too. :D

Splatterhouse... I remember when that was in development. They closed the studio (or just scrapped the first version of the game) or something, didn't they?

Oh hey, here's a link: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a ... doors.html

Have you seen the videos of that initial attempt? Anyhow, the final product wasn't too highly rated, was it? You should do a "Let's Play" of it for youtube, though :P I'd watch it! That's all I do gaming-wise nowadays, is watch people play and comment. That and the occasional Windows Phone game. Soon I won't have any time for any fun, though, since I'm back in school and hopefully about to go full time.

I used to have a dancing pixelated clown as my avatar, but that was your doing :) I forget what game that was.

I'm afraid I had to reduce my bandwidth when I lost my job, and I never had much of an upstream to begin with. I would probably be paranoid about hosting one on my IP anyhow. You can try to talk me into it, but the chances aren't good. (sry) Maybe when I finish college, and I'm making decent money, I can just rent a server. It's always been a dream of mine :P

What the heck happened to fap's server. Or was it hat (not hap)? Ah... foq...that's it.

I will check out Harmony's Nightmare soon. I will be disappointed if there isn't rampant dog humping!

Now I'm gonna go watch American Horror Story: Coven! It's got zombies, and chainsaws, and pentagrams, and flaming resurrections. Why, I do declare, it's practically a live-action DOOM show!
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

RE: Harmony's Nightmare: Is there any way to beat it, or is it just a series of unfortunate events that lead you to the next game mode, and ultimately to your death? Also, is she uh... naked? O_O

I guess she got all her "harmony" knocked out of her in the beginning, and has to go around retrieving it, note by note. And the worm idea comes from the plushie on her bedside table.

Anyhow, pretty cool.
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

gulliver-trans wrote:Retrying my original reply:

Pretty sweet deal you got there (free con - sole) . It pays to have friends, eh? Too bad I don't really bother to keep friends. Hehe. Got any space you need to clear out, old buddy, old pal? ;) ;) ;)

So... new baby... Would its name happen to be... <i>Play Station Four</i>?
Yeah, apparently our webhost has a security setting on the server that will not let anyone post anything containing the phrase "free. ps3" (without the period in there) because that's something scammers apparently do. That is a really stupid filter.... And it just sends you to an ERROR 403 Forbidden page without telling you why, and if you keep trying to post it, you just get your IP banned for a few hours.... Well, I told Hap and Hap complained to the webhost but we haven't heard back yet....

But yeah, getting a FREE. PS3 was pretty cool :D (see how useless that filter is? So pointless and easy to work around).

But no, I really don't bother to keep friends either, heh, except some people online. Hap says he's basically the same way, so I guess that's lucky for me too, or he probably would have had a real-life friend to give his gaming hardware to! Haha.
Hey, I'll send you an old website server if you'll pay shipping!
Nah, it's my dial-up connection that prevents me from running a server, heh.

Splatterhouse ...

Have you seen the videos of that initial attempt? Anyhow, the final product wasn't too highly rated, was it? You should do a "Let's Play" of it for youtube, though :P I'd watch it! That's all I do gaming-wise nowadays, is watch people play and comment. That and the occasional Windows Phone game. Soon I won't have any time for any fun, though, since I'm back in school and hopefully about to go full time.
The professional reviewers can suck it. I loved the game, and so did a lot of other people.

I doubt I'd make a playthrough video, but you can go watch my most recent youtube video instead, heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ81jKTu31w
I used to have a dancing pixelated clown as my avatar, but that was your doing :) I forget what game that was.
That was Mr. Do! from Neo Mr. Do!
I don't have that gif on this computer... but here, I'll give you another random dancing clown!
What the heck happened to fap's server. Or was it hat (not hap)? Ah... foq...that's it.
Dunno. He just stopped hosing it one day I suppose. Never really heard from him much.
I will check out Harmony's Nightmare soon. I will be disappointed if there isn't rampant dog humping!

Is there any way to beat it, or is it just a series of unfortunate events that lead you to the next game mode, and ultimately to your death? Also, is she uh... naked? O_O

I guess she got all her "harmony" knocked out of her in the beginning, and has to go around retrieving it, note by note. And the worm idea comes from the plushie on her bedside table.

Anyhow, pretty cool.
Heh, yes, it's possible to win the game. I can do it fairly regularly, but it is not easy. I probably should do a playthrough video for that game just to show people that it's possible to win. You have to collect 100 notes to win, and my high score is 124 (difficult!). If you win (spoiler alert!) Nyan Cat swoops in and saves you from the jaws of the Mother of All Worms and you zoom into space while the Nyan song plays :D
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I’ve been busy trying to stay on top of my class, see if I can get financial aid, and look for jobs.
Gunter wrote:Yeah, apparently our webhost has a security setting on the server that will not let anyone post anything containing the phrase "free. ps3" (without the period in there) because that's something scammers apparently do. That is a really stupid filter.... And it just sends you to an ERROR 403 Forbidden page without telling you why, and if you keep trying to post it, you just get your IP banned for a few hours.... Well, I told Hap and Hap complained to the webhost but we haven't heard back yet....
I guess the filter isn’t that big of a deal. Haven’t seen any spam in a long time. And besides, we, the primary participants here, now know how to avoid it.
Gunter wrote: I doubt I'd make a playthrough video, but you can go watch my most recent youtube video instead, heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ81jKTu31w
Funny video :) I briefly played a tabletop CoC game back in 2010. It was pretty fun, but a couple members of the party kept rescheduling, and the sessions would take up my whole Sundays, so I eventually decided to bow out.

So did you film in your... uh… personal dungeon, or is that a green screen? ;P
Gunter wrote: That was Mr. Do! from Neo Mr. Do!
I don't have that gif on this computer... but here, I'll give you another random dancing clown!
Thanks! :) Looks like he’s ready to hit the sack and have some nightmares of his own. Or create/enter someone else’s… :shock:

Gunter wrote: Heh, yes, it's possible to win the game. I can do it fairly regularly, but it is not easy. I probably should do a playthrough video for that game just to show people that it's possible to win. You have to collect 100 notes to win, and my high score is 124 (difficult!). If you win (spoiler alert!) Nyan Cat swoops in and saves you from the jaws of the Mother of All Worms and you zoom into space while the Nyan song plays
So is it possible to beat the game without entering another stage or mode? I just thought it was weird/interesting that “messing up” or getting hit triggered the change, instead of being required to do "well" (or perfectly) in order to progress to the next level. It’s almost like you want to get hit so you can see the rest of the game. Or am I misinterpreting it?
Gunter
Administrator

Post by Gunter »

My dungeon wall is a plastic wall covering that I got for really cheap after Halloween one year.

In Harmony's Nightmare, you want to collect as many notes as possible before moving to the next stage. But every time you collect a note, the stage gets progressively harder and harder (more worms or faster speed).... So you just last as long as you can on each stage so you can collect as many notes as you can before being forced to he next stage. You need to collect 100 notes before you get to the end of the game, so if you collect an average of 25 notes on each stage, you'll win... but it's always good to collect more than 25 on a stage in case you mess up on the next stage.