Heeeey! (many greetings and a class Idea!)

Anything FvF related.
SpectrumVixen

Heeeey! (many greetings and a class Idea!)

Post by SpectrumVixen »

Hello, boys! I had a blast last night (wed) and I TOTTALLY want to meet up again with you all. Hell, I even liked getting into that flame match with you, Jao. The whole thing just... mm, made my evening perfect. Warms this fox's heart to see people playing FVF again.

Anyhow onto buisness.

Last night, I mentioned the morph mod, right? The one where you can turn into monsters and molest the critters of quake?

How about this:

The Druid
You probably know what a Druid is, so I'll just sum up for those who don't. A priest of nature and a shapeshifter. Now understand... 'nature' is relative to the dimension you're in. A Druid of the slipgate worlds would be something a lot less about 'flowers and peace and cute furry animals' as 'Kill, feed, jump in a river, repeat'.

I'll send the open-source morph mod to someone if this is a good idea... but here goes: Weapon sets!

1: summon monster (10 shells): Summon a monster minion appropriate to the charachter's level (1-3 a grunt, 4-6 an ogre, 6-8 a fiend, 8+ a shambler). Maybe use the ins del and home keys for pet commands (stay, attack, go away)

2: The Druid has a stick! WHACK! (like a shotgun or normal axe, except with a whack, he knocks opponents back) Of course, selecting this weapon turns the druid into a human again.

3: Scrag form (10 shells): hehe, main fire is the normal scrag poison bolt shot, doing about as much damage as a normal shottie each bolt. They fly constantly like the monk's environment resistant fly

4: Fiend Form (30 nails): The fiend jump and their claws! What more could you ask for?

5: Zombie Form (30 nails): A ranged attack that sticks and slowly damages enemies, and regeneration that consumes nails (3 hp a second)

6: Ogre Form (10 rockets): Any questions?

7: Vore Form (20 rockets): Yeah... flinging seeking explodie balls of goo and doom. Sound fun?

8: Shambler Form (50 cells): Behold the massive, deadly shambler of doom! They can't jump, that's replaced by their lightning attack, but they are tanks!
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

That sounds very similar to an idea Gamefreak posted once. Hey... are you Gamefreak in disguise!!? ;)

But he called it a Monster Tamer, I think, and it had a "monster taming stick," heh.

However, I don't add new classes to FvF.... that's a lot of work and requires new skins to be added, and I like to keep FvF "classic."
Joao Lucas
Level 6
Favorite FvF Class: Laser Android

Post by Joao Lucas »

Gunter wrote:and I like to keep FvF "classic."
That's just a terrible excuse for you to do not move your fucking hands to add new stuff to FvF. Hay ho, Spectrum! Welcome to the 99% spam forum, rest is Quake! :P
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Gunter wrote:However, I don't add new classes to FvF.... that's a lot of work and requires new skins to be added, and I like to keep FvF "classic."
That's a sorry excuse from someone who doesn't share the source code.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
RocketGuy
Level 5

Post by RocketGuy »

Gunter wrote:I like to keep FvF "classic."
O yea sure brainsucking spawns are very "classic". :P
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Good point, rock :P
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

The Monsters in FvF (registered) were always weirdo oddball things... Having different things to fight doesn't change the classic class balance.
Canadian*Sniper
Level 5

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

what balance exactly? monk fires 3 rockets really fast, quake guy shoots rockets, mage has instant rockets. all the other classes suck. there's no balance and my last thread was created to create balance.
FvF is a good place to hang out but not a good place to fight. :) <-- This signature pisses Jow off XD
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Canadian*Sniper wrote:what balance exactly? monk fires 3 rockets really fast,
Not really fast, and with a charge up time before firing.
quake guy shoots rockets, mage has instant rockets.
Quake guy's rocket travels slower, but has a faster re-fire rate.
all the other classes suck.
No, it's just you.
Joao Lucas
Level 6

Post by Joao Lucas »

Laser Android doesn't suck...
gulliver-trans
Administrator

Post by gulliver-trans »

Also, write a minimum ping of 300 into the mod.

Also, make sure everyone is playing on a computer machine of equivalent power.